Who’s harder to cross off your list? The person who literally has everything or a sake-loving foodie who knows the difference between Spanish and Italian olives?
We’ll take the foodie for $400, Alex (RIP)!
Luckily, like your favourite pair of elastic-waistband pants, we’ve got your back and, most importantly, are here to help with the age-old question: “What the hell am I gonna get Tasha for Christmas?”
In my opinion, you already know what to get Tash, your bestie, ya cousin, and Grandma Pearl. Or rather, you know exactly what not to get, which is an even better starting point for your holiday gift hunt.
When you’re shopping for the foodie in your life, it’s a constant battle between picking up something delicious and picking up something insanely useful, but this list’ll show you that it’s entirely possible to have both and have money left over to treat yourself. Win-win.
Now, a word about these Blackity Black-owned gifts. While we can’t co-sign on the quality of every single one because our credit cards DO have a limit, we suggest that you do these Black entrepreneurs a favour and buy from them expecting the best of the best because most of these products look real damn good!
With that being said, happy holidays yall! Let’s keep the Black dollar circulating in our community.
For best results, order online from these businesses by December 11.
Gifts Under $25
- Haitian peanut butter from Manba, $10
- Unique, Haitian-inspired condiments from PHAFO, $10+
- Intense spice blends and flavours from Spice King, $11+
- Peanut and lactose-free snacks from Ohh Foods!, $12+
- Ethiopian coffee from Boon Boona, $12+
- Low sugar, high-flavour vegan spreads from Oat Butter Brand, $14+
- Boldly flavoured jams from Trade St. Jam, $14+
- Infused Jamaican honey from Lignum Honey, $15+
- Artisanal spice blends from Breukelen Rub, $15+
- Natural teas and supplements from Womy, $24.99+
- Pre-pregnancy and pregnancy-friendly spreads from Mumgry, $20+
- Coffee and coffee-based body products from Dope Coffee, $20+
- Kids tableware from Colourfull Plates, $14+
- Practical kitchen essentials from HOH Kitchenware, $14.30+
- Santa trays from DandSCraftworks, $14+
- Beautiful trays, coasters, and cups from Justina Blakeney, $20+
- Charcuterie and cutting boards from Domain by Laura Hodges Studio, $20+
Gifts Under $50
- Kremas, the perfect holiday drink from LS Cream, $30
- Gluten-free popcorn from Project Pop, $30+
- Pretty vegan donuts from Huungry Bunny, $40/dozen
- Trinbagonian subscription food box from Callaloo Box, $40
- African oven mitts, aprons, and more from BeSpoke Binny, $28+
- BLACK FOODIE-branded tees from us!, $30
- Brightly colored stemware from Estelle Colored Glass, $30+
- Senegalese trays and placemats from Expedition Subsahara, $35+
- Vibrant baskets and coasters, and napkins from Reflektion Design, $39+
Gifts Under $100
- The ultra-classic BLACK FOODIE branded crewneck! $50
- Snazzy utensils and kitchenware from The SpiceSuite, $50+ (Read more!)
- Zimbabwean table runners, placemats, and more from Batiqua, $60+
- The world’s first stuffed waffle iron from Wonderffle, $69+ (Read more!)
- Stylish monochrome dishware from Kultured Kitchens, $72+